Vintage Tunina IGT: A special field blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon, Ribolla Gialla, Malvasia and the rare native varietal Picolit. It is one of the world’s veritable cult wines made from late harvest fruit. The vineyard soil is marly/arenaceous and covers 39.5 acres in the area called Ronco del Fortino. Vine density is 2,430-2,840 per acre, yielding 1.6 to 2.4 ton crops per acre. Exposure is southwest and northeast. Small parts (10-15%) are now fermented and aged in large, Slovenian oak (50-60 hl.) Brilliant straw yellow in color, with golden reflections. Intense, ample, very elegant and persistent, with scents of honey and country flowers. Cellar life is 7-10 years.
Dreams IGT: 97% Chardonnay. The remaining 3% is a trade secret guarded by Silvio and his winemaking team. The vines are grown on marly/arenaceous soil, and guyot-trained with up to 3,200 vines per acre. This world wide cult wine is a barrique-fermented Chardonnay aged for approximately 11 months in small French oak barrels (300 L). Straw yellow in color, with a fascinating and complex bouquet of ripe exotic fruit, melted butter, vanilla and pastries. These are confirmed on the palate where their aromatic promises are kept and enhanced by rich, long finish. Cellar life is 8-10 years.
Vinnae Ribolla Gialla IGT: Predominantly Ribolla Gialla, with touches of (Tocai) Friulano and Riesling Renano. The soil is predominantly marl, with sandstone. The compacted substrata of Eocene flysch are responsible for the formation of Collio’s characteristic terrain, locally known as “ponca." Part of the blend is aged in 750-liter Slavonian oak barrels for 6 months. Brilliant, light straw yellow in color; intense fruit aromas with mineral undertones; fresh, tangy and flavorful on the palate, it shows the unassuming elegance of an authentic country wine.
Chardonnay IGT: 100% Chardonnay. Vines are southwesterly and northeasterly exposed. Terrain consists of marls and sandstone originating in the Eocene's flyschioid formation, which produced a rocky substratum. The wine does not undergo wood aging so as to enhance the variety's intrinsic freshness. Brilliant straw yellow with greenish reflections. An intense, fruity bouquet (bananas and ripe apples in youth), slightly aromatic; distinct varietal notes on nose and palate, excellent persistence. Stelvin screwcap closure to maintain freshness.
Pinot Grigio IGT: 100% Pinot Grigio, a grape particularly at home in northeastern Italy. This Pinot Grigio sets the standard as an exceptional fine wine noted for complexity, impressive concentration, depth of flavor and quality. Reveals lovely, perfumed aromas (including hazelnut, citrus and tropical fruits on the nose) and notes of pear flavored fruit on the palate. This is a wine that is fresh and lively, with depth, weight on the palate and round texture. This is a fine example of elegance and finesse. Stelvin screwcap closure to maintain freshness.
Pinot Bianco IGT: 100% Pinot Bianco from vineyards with Southwest and Northeast exposures. It is the sister variety of Pinot Grigio, and is less widely grown. The wine is not aged in wood to enhance the grapes freshness. It has a golden, brilliant straw-yellow color. Its aroma is intense, very persistent, and pleasantly fruity with a distinct hint of melon. Its taste is dry, velvety, well-orchestrated and very persistent. Stelvin screwcap closure to maintain freshness.
Sauvignon IGT: 100% Sauvignon from a hilly zone at Ruttars and three zones at Villanova. Prevalent marls and sandstone originating in the Eocene, with a rocky substratum. The vineyards' exposures are Southwest and Northeast. The wine does not sojourn in oak so as to enhance its intrinsic freshness and fragrance. Brilliant straw yellow with slight greenish reflections. Intense, fruity, persistent bouquet with pleasing notes of elder flowers. On the palate, dry, full, elegant and well balanced. Stelvin screwcap closure to maintain freshness.
Afix Riesling IGT: 100% Rhine Riesling from vineyards on prevalent marls and sandstone originating in the Eocene's flyschioid formation, typical of the Collio area; exposure is Southwest and Northeast. Straw yellow in color, with slight greenish reflections. The bouquet is very intense and persistent, slightly aromatic and pleasingly fruity, fraught with varietal character. Dry and refreshing on the palate, and extremely well balanced. The wine is named after Silvio’s youngest son, Alois Felix, Very Limited.
Red Angel on the Moonlight IGT: 90% Pinot Noir while the remaining 10% is a trade secret from vineyards close to Monte Fortino, on soil consisting of Eocenic colluvium, with southwesterly exposure. Aged in small barrels and tonneaux of French oak for one year. The Pinot Noir grape’s unique, elusive fragrance of plums, raspberries and cherries, its delicate, hard-to-get balance of sensuous richness and extreme finesse, is the fiery angel treading on moonlight of Silvio’s imagination.
Pignacolusse IGT: 100% single-vineyard Pignolo red, from a rare indigenous grape with compact, pine cone-shaped bunches (hence the Italian name). This grape was saved from extinction by a handful of top producers. Fermented in wooden vats with manual punching-down, aged in small oak barrels and barriques for 18-24 months. The wine shows notes of prunes, leather, carob, cocoa and coffee. Powerful and structured, with decided character and firm tannins.
Blau & Blau IGT: A blend of 90% Franconia a.k.a. Blaufrankisch and 10% Pinot Nero a.k.a. Blauburgunder from vines grown close to Monte Fortino, on Eocenic colluvial soil, southwesterly exposed. Aged in French barriques 16 months. Intense ruby in color, the bouquet is well balanced, with underbrush and herbaceous notes; on the palate, it is elegant, medium-bodied, well balanced, with well integrated wood and firm tannins. Cellar life is 5-7 years.
Vino Dolce Della Casa "Picolit" Collio DOC: 100% Picolit from berries that are naturally dried so as to enhance the grape’s incredible concentration. The grapes are from the finest hillside locations, ideally exposed, low in organic components and especially well ventilated - there are very, few sites in the world suited to growing this incredible grape. The rich, fruity bouquet recalls apricots, peaches, honey and dried fruits, genista flowers and lime blossoms. Sweet on palate, incredible harmony and silky texture, very intense and persistent. Stelvin screw cap is used preserve the wine’s intrinsic qualities.